- Develop a routine that works for you and your family. Agree this and decide what you will do each day. Try and get up at the same time and go to bed at the same time each day. Eating at regular times also helps.
- Talk to your children about what to expect each day. Share the routine with them. Review how the day went, any successes and any challenges.
Supporting home learning routines - planning the day (created by the EEF)
Healthy Minds #BeatTheBoredomSheff Guidance for parents/carers
Healthy minds #BeatTheBoredonSheff Planner
- Be encouraging and praise regularly. Select one thing to ask children to improve.
Talk with Trust - (created by the EEF)
- Get outside and get active at least once a day.
- Read or listen to stories everyday.
- Play is fine! It's fine to let children play for a large part of the day. Play on digital devices is fine but agree to a time limit.
Created by The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)